A little about me...
After 2.5 years at the Bank of Boston (1984-1986),
2.5 years at Fidelity Investments (1986-1989),
8 years at Apple Computer (1989-1997),
a year at Sun Microsystems (1997-1998), and
12 years at Adobe Systems (1998-2010), I'm now at Silver Spring Networks (since 2010) working to help everyone use energy more wisely.
In my spare time, I have fun with my family, defend free speech, mow
the lawn, teach soccer coaches, and help in my community.
Frequently, I think about life, the universe, and everything.
For more about me see...
- Be clear.
- Be the ball.
- Know thyself.
- Knowledge is power.
- Everything is relative.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Think globally, act locally.
- It is often best to just say no.
- What goes around, comes around.
- The constants in life are birth, death, and change.
- When visiting, always leave a place better than it was when
- Do unto others as they wish to be done unto, not just as you
would have them do unto you.
- The pen is mightier than the sword, and the computer is the
mightiest pen yet invented by mankind.
--My 1993 extension of a quote from Edward
Bulwer Lytton and Richard Burton.
- Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a woman to
fish and feed her for a lifetime. Build a fishing school and feed
a community for an eternity.
-- My 1993 extension of a quote from Kuan-tzu
- Human life is precious. Our Earth is precious. Please do not
waste either. We must educate everyone, encourage planned
parenthood, enjoy our differences, and empower individuals. I
believe in self-determination. I believe in ecosystems. I believe
- I don't believe in drugs or smoking, but I do believe people
have the right to choose, as long as those choices
don't hurt others. I do not tolerate intolerance. I believe in
religious freedom. I believe in checks and balances. I believe
in free market economies and democratic governments.
I believe in sustainable
- Life and death are challenging and difficult. Yet they must
balance. So that any may live, all must die (eventually). Humankind needs to
mature in its understanding of both life and death. Death should
not be viewed as a bad thing. It is a natural consequence of life.
A mother is the best person to choose whether she aborts her fetus
or not. Each individual is the best person to choose when to end
his or her own life. God has given us the power and the resources
-- we must use them wisely and empower people to manage their own
destinies -- without stomping on those of others.
Copyright © 1995-2013 Tim Oey, California USA, tim(at)oey(dot)us
Hopefully this website will be updated at least once a year